Global Burden of Disease Study 2017 (GBD 2017) Data Resources
These data are not from the current GBD round. Please see this page for GBD 2019 data. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
Below are links to data visualizations, data, publications, country profiles, and other resources from the 2017 update to the Global Burden of Disease Study.
See this page for GBD 2016 data resources.
GBD Compare (2017 version)
Use this visualization to interact with the GBD estimates, comparing causes, injuries, risks across time, age, and place.
GBD Results Tool (2017 version)
This query tool allows download of full GBD results data in CSV format.
- All GBD causes, risks, etiologies, impairments, injuries by nature, and sequela aggregates
- Measures: deaths, years of life lost (YLLs), years lived with disability (YLDs), disability-adjusted life years (DALYs), prevalence, incidence, life expectancy, probability of death, healthy life expectancy (HALE), maternal mortality ratio (MMR), and summary exposure value (SEV)
- Metrics (units): number, rate, percent, years, probability of death
- Years: 1990-2017; annual results for all measures
- All GBD age groups
- Sexes: males, females, both sexes
- Locations: GBD super regions, regions, countries, select subnational units, and custom regions (WHO regions, World Bank Income Levels, and more)
Data Input Sources Tool
The Data Input Sources Tool allows users to explore GBD 2017 input data sources and retrieve relevant metadata.
GBD 2017 Online Tools Overview
This guide to GBD's suite of web‐based tools provides an overview of what data users can expect to view and download from each tool. It also includes definitions for the measures and other dimensions of the data, value lists for each dimension, and more.
Results data available upon request
- Risk factor exposure
- By sequelae: YLDs, prevalence, incidence
Access the code used to generate the GBD results.
Terms and Conditions of Data Use:
Data made available for download on IHME Websites can be used, shared, modified or built upon by non-commercial users in accordance with the IHME FREE-OF-CHARGE NON-COMMERCIAL USER AGREEMENT. For more information (and inquiries about commercial use), visit IHME Terms and Conditions.