Global Burden of Disease Study 2016 (GBD 2016) Data Resources
Below are links to data visualizations, data, publications, country profiles, and other resources from the 2016 update to the Global Burden of Disease Study.
GBD Compare (2016 version)
Use this visualization to interact with the GBD estimates, comparing causes, injuries, risks across time, age, and place.
GBD Results Tool (2016 version)
This query tool allows download of full GBD results data in CSV format.
- All GBD causes, risks, etiologies, impairments
- Measures: deaths, years of life lost (YLLs), years lived with disability (YLDs), disability-adjusted life years (DALYs), prevalence, incidence, life expectancy, healthy life expectancy (HALE), maternal mortality ratio (MMR)
- Metrics (units): number, rate, percent, years
- Years: 1990-2016; annually for deaths, YLLs, YLDs, DALYs, prevalence, incidence, impairments, and MMR by cause, life expectancy, and HALE; 1990, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2010, and 2016 for risks and etiologies
- All GBD age groups
- Sexes: males, females, both sexes
- Locations: GBD super regions, regions, countries, select subnational units
Data Input Sources Tool
The Data Input Sources Tool allows users to explore GBD 2016 input data sources and retrieve relevant metadata.
GBD 2016 Online Tools Overview
This guide to GBD's suite of web‐based tools provides an overview of what data users can expect to view and download from each tool. It also includes definitions for the measures and other dimensions of the data, value lists for each dimension, and more.
Results data available upon request
- Risk factor exposure
- By sequelae: YLDs, prevalence, incidence
Access the code used to generate the GBD results.
Terms and Conditions of Data Use:
Data made available for download on the GHDx can be used, shared, modified, or built upon by non-commercial users via the Open Data Commons Attribution License. For more information (and inquiries about commercial use), visit IHME Terms and Conditions.